I've been meaning to post about my Soccer Super-star for awhile well today is the day! Ashlynn started soccer on March 10 well this week will be her last game of the season. Ashlynn wasn't too sure about the whole soccer thing, she's more of a prim and proper girl and getting down and dirty really isn't her thing; but she has an extremely competitive spirit and sometimes it can come out at inappropriate times. I figured if she could put it to great use on the soccer field.
When the first day of practice came around, she was sooo nervous (totally type-A personality) she was sure everyone would know how to play soccer except her and that she would mess up and everyone would be so mad at her. Needless to say that didn't happen, one of her very good friends Vanessa was on her team and to put a cherry on the cake her dad Ryan was the coach! Her first game went awesome, she was a firecracker. Because of her size she was able to get in close to the ball easily and for someone so small she has one powerful kick. (pretty sure she gets that from me, big butts do have a purpose!!) Although she has enjoyed it, we are all ready for it to be over. With Ballet Folklorico, Awana, Church and Home team adding soccer to our schedule was a bit of overkill. Next year Gabs will be able to participate in Upward and I know she will LOVE it. I think T-ball is calling our name for next year....only time will tell.
Decorated, But Not Demanding
3 days ago
3 comments:
Go Ashlynn! You are awesome! Yeah, Amber, might have been overkill, but your girls love all that you do for them. You are one awesome mamma!
Hurray to your soccer star! She did such a great job - but of course, that is attributed to having a totally cool coach :)
Hey, I didn't know Upward did soccer! I thought it was just basketball and cheerleading. We might have to do that.
Post a Comment